Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Glossary of musical terms


OK, let's face it - my mind is like a sieve. That is why it's important for you as a student to make sure you know the meaning of EVERYTHING that appears on your music, because I can't remember all the terms myself. There's like a zillion of them. One tiny direction written somewhere in Italian could be the key to getting the right vibe for the entire piece.

So, I'm attaching a link to Wikipedia's glossary of musical terms. I recommend grabbing a new piece, jumping onto this website, and writing the meaning in pencil next to all the musical terms on the page. Also, an examiner is going to check out your knowledge of the terms in your music, so get them all locked into your brain as early as possible.

Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glossary_of_musical_terminology

No comments:

Post a Comment